Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Last few weeks in Cape Town: its gonna be lekker

Cape Point redo


Well with my studies finally coming to an end I am able to embrace more of the abroad part of Cape Town and less of the study part! In light of this, a few friends and I decided that last weekend we should rent a car and redo the Cape Point tour because last time the weather was horrible (it was the middle of winter which apparently was one of the worst winters in like 50 years here) and there were also 400+ other international students on the same trip as me. I don't believe that I can accurately report the beauty of Cape Town through words so instead I will employee some pictures to do the job. 













Despite the semi-sketchy car and driving on the other side of the road, this road trip was sucessful!! Now I just have to cross off the other few things off my Cape Town todo list before I leave. Some of them I have already crossed off thought like high tea at the Mount Nelson hotel, visiting the beautiful Kirstenbosch gardens, and also also going back to the charming little town of Stellenbosch. Hopefully many more adventures to come while still in Cape Town because the clock in ticking (and not in a good way). Despite not wanting to leave Cape Town I am getting more and more excited to come home (not for the flight) and see the family and friends that I have missed while abroad, plus eat some real Mexican food.

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment